1.. Why Drive-Train? Drive-Train is authorized by the State Of Tennessee Higher Education Commission. We have been training CDL Drivers for over 21 years. We are a privately owned training school. We are not owned by a trucking company. That means you get to pick what company you drive for and how much money you can make, not the school. At company owned schools you have no choice. Don’t lock yourself into company. Keep your options open. We offer free life-time placement for our graduates.
2. How long is the program? Ever wonder how to go to school and pay bills while you have no income for Four to Six weeks. Most CDL schools are that long. Drive-Train’s program is designed to help with that problem. We are the only school in Tennessee that is 14 days of training. Drive-Train’s programs helps you get back to work quicker and start making money again in just 14 days. Class hours are 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. each day.
3. What documents do I need to start school? You will need your Birth Certificate, Social Security Card, Valid Drivers License, DD-214 (Veterans only) and must be a permanent resident of the U.S.A.
4. How much are the fee’s to obtain your CDL? You should expect fee’s of $200.00. These are D.O.T Physical $75.00, D.O.T. Drug Screen $50.00, Motor Vehicle Report $7.00, CDL Permit $14.00, Commercial Driver License $20.00 – $78.50.
5. Is housing available? Room and Board is the responsibility of the student. We do have an agreement with several hotels if you need a room. Let your recruiter know and they will assist in helping you set up those arrangements
6. Does Drive-Train help with job placement? Drive-Train does assist with job placement. We have recruiters scheduled to see the students as they are in training and applications for most of the major carriers. Drive-Train is proud to have one of the best placement records in the State.
7. What equipment do you use to train? We use late model tractor trailers. All trucks are 10 Speed manual shift. That is the industry standard. There are very few trucking companies that have automatics. If you don’t learn to drive a manual shift, finding employment could be very difficult.
8. Is Financial help available? Drive-Train does offer student loans. We also work with the State of Tennessee Career Centers that offer grant programs. Most our Trucking companies have programs to help pay for training as well. We are an approved school for all Veteran’s Benefit programs, Montgomery GI Bill, GI Post 911, Vocational Rehab and the military spouse MyCAA program. Please contact the recruiter for any information on these programs. We also are the exclusive training schools for Schneider in West Tennessee. Let us show you how Schneider will cover your school cost.
9. Directions to Drive-Train in Jackson, TN. Take I-40 to exit 87, go south about 3/4 of a mile, then turn onto El. Morgan Drive. We are at the end of the street across from the Freightliner Dealer.
10. Direction to Drive-Train in Memphis, TN. Take Interstate 40 to the Whitten Road Exit. Then turn North onto Whitten Road follow up and turn left onto Reese Road. Drive-Train is on the Left.
11. Direction to Drive-Train in Lebanon, TN. Take Interstate 40 to the Exit 239B. Then turn Left onto Briskin Lane we are on the left side in the same building with Knight Transportation.