1.. Why Drive-Train? Drive-Train is authorized by the State Of Tennessee Higher Education Commission. We have been training CDL Drivers for over 27 years. We are a privately owned training school. We are not owned by a trucking company. That means you get to pick what company you drive for and how much money you can make, not the school. At company owned schools you have no choice. Don’t lock yourself into company. Keep your options open. We offer free life-time placement for our graduates.
2. How long is the program? Ever wonder how to go to school and pay bills while you have no income for Four to Six weeks. Most CDL schools are that long. Drive-Train’s program is designed to help with that problem. We are only 14 days of training. Drive-Train’s programs helps you get back to work quicker and start making money again in just 14 days. Class hours are 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. each day.
3. What documents do I need to start school? You will need your Birth Certificate, Social Security Card, Valid Drivers License, DD-214 (Veterans only) and must be a permanent resident of the U.S.A.
4. How much are the fee’s to obtain your CDL? You should expect fee’s of approx. $200.00. These are D.O.T Physical $75.00, D.O.T. Drug Screen $50.00, CDL Permit $14.00, Commercial Driver License approx. $90.00
5. Is housing available? Room and Board is the responsibility of the student. We do have an agreement with several hotels if you need a room. Let your recruiter know and they will assist in helping you set up those arrangements
6. Does Drive-Train help with job placement? Drive-Train does assist with job placement. We have recruiters scheduled to see the students as they are in training and applications for most of the major carriers. Drive-Train is proud to have one of the best placement records in the State.
7. What equipment do you use to train? We us Freightliner and International. All trucks are 10 Speed manual shift and automatics.
8. Is Financial help available? Drive-Train does offer student loans. We also work with the State of Tennessee Career Centers that offer grant programs. Most our Trucking companies have programs to help pay for training as well. We use all Veteran’s Benefit programs, GI Post 911, Vocational Rehab and the military spouse MyCAA program. Please contact the recruiter for any information on these programs.
9. Directions to Drive-Train in Jackson, TN. Take I-40 to exit 87, go south about 3/4 of a mile, then turn onto El. Morgan Drive. We are at the end of the street across from the Freightliner Dealer.
10. Direction to Drive-Train in Memphis, TN. Take Interstate 40 to the Sycamore road exit then turn south, Turn left onto Macon Road , turn left into the shopping Center and we are on the right side next to Bass Pro Shop. 6152 Macon Road